Spring has sprung!
Cherry blossom just has started blooming.
Someone displayed Seven Lucky Gods “Shichifukujin 七福神” on the cherry stump.
– Hotei, the fat and happy god of abundance and good health
– Jurōjin, god of long life
– Fukurokuju, god of happiness, wealth and longevity
– Bishamonten, god of warriors
– Benzaiten (Benten-sama), goddess of knowledge, art and beauty, especially music
– Daikokuten (Daikoku), god of wealth, commerce and trade.
– Ebisu, god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream
One of my favorite spring flower is Thunberg’s meadowsweet, that is called Yuki-Yanagi, written “雪柳” literally “snow willow”.
The voice of nature is always encouraging.