Grilled Chicken with Sesame-Miso Creamy Sauce
Healthy chicken inner fillet “Sasami” + nutritious sesame + fermented food miso
Chicken inner fillet, also known as chicken tenderloin, is sold individually from chicken breast meat in Japan.
The former is called “Sasami” and the latter is called “Tori no muneniku”.
Sasami is written “笹身” in kanji, literally “bamboo leaf meat” because it is shaped like a bamboo leaf called “Sasa”.
Make sesame and miso creamy sauce :
- Mix sesame paste (2 tbs), white miso (2 tbs), and milk (6 tbs) until smooth.
* If you use common miso but not white miso, needed to reduce it and add a little bit sugar.
- Add Sriracha sauce (1/2 tbs or more, depending on your taste) and sesame seed ( 1 tbs).
- Microwave it for 20 seconds before serving.
Grill chicken inner fillet :
- Smash chicken inner fillet with rolling pin in order to make the thickness uniformity, and sprinkle salt.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray and place chicken in pan
- Cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve them with above sauce.
is chicken inner fillet. 笹身（ささみ） literally “bamboo leaf meat”