Japanese Fried Rice “Yaki-Meshi”
“Yaki-Meshi” is very useful recipe to use up leftovers.
At the weekend, if you organize your refrigerator before food shopping, I’ll recommend you cooking “Yaki-Meshi”.
Any vegetables and protein foods are available.
– Vegetables : onion, carrot, bell pepper, lettuce, mushroom, pickles
– Protein foods : chicken, pork, canned tuna, salty grilled fish, sausage, ham, egg
- Mince ingredients and fry them in pan, seasoned with salt and pepper. (at first proteinm, next vegetables)
- Add scrambled egg which cooked in another pan.
- Add cooked rice and fry until a little bit brown.
- Put soy sauce and Japanese Worcestershire sauce to flavor. * Japanese Worcestershire sauce is a knack.
Onaka ga Suita! Itadakimasu
is a fried rice with some vegetable and protein foods. 焼き飯（やきめし） literally “broil rice”
is a Japanese Worcestershire sauce. The taste and flavor is different from the original Worcestershire sauce. ウスターソース（うすたーそーす）
Popular brand as below : Kagome, Bull-Dog, S&B, Kikkoman, Ojika